Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In which we realize she might be a leeetle spoiled.

Monday (Memorial Day), I decided to rearrange and clean Sophia's closet. I know, I know. What was I thinking?! Well, I decided to put her dresses on the bottom rod so she can reach them easier and safer. We are encouraging independence in dressing, and this is something that will help. So, out came every stitch of clothing in the closet...


Sophia was full of questions about what I was doing. When I explained to her, this is what she decided to do to "help"...



She was right outside the closet door! I practically had to step over her to lay things on the bed. Seriously! Where did she learn this? (It was probably me, but I'm in denial for now.) So, she sat with her feet propped up while I cleaned, purged and reorganized the closet...


Things discovered in her closet while cleaning/reorganizing: 
  • One dozen tubes of partially used diaper rash ointment
  • Three socks missing their mates
  • Sophia's first every pacifier (the one from the hospital)
  • An Easter basket from three years ago 
Yep, that's how it went. I'm glad to have that project mostly completed and happy that Sophia can now safely choose which dress she wants to wear every day. All those shirts hanging on the top rack? Don't worry. The child never wears pants or shorts anyway!

That afternoon we heard the unmistakable sound of the ice cream truck trolling through the neighborhood. We ran out to the road to wait for it to come by, and somebody got a treat! Hint: it wasn't the person who actually worked hard all morning cleaning;)


We hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: