Monday, January 2, 2012

Here we go again...

Two years ago (January 2010), my sister and I decided that our New Year's resolution would be to learn how to knit. So, on New Year's Day 2010, she came over and we planted ourselves in front of YouTube with a skein of yarn and a couple of knitting needles each, and proceeded to try to knit...


Of course, I stuck with it for the two or three hours we worked on it that day, then pretty much let it go. In fact, late last year, I gave all my yarn and needles, along with a couple of crochet hooks, to LeAnn because I wasn't using them!

Fast forward to today. LeAnn was back over at my house for more needle art...this time crochet. She was teaching me stitches and how to increase/decrease. It was a challenge, but definitely easier than knitting because I 'learned' to crochet years ago from my mom. LeAnn is a good teacher. She was patient and very helpful. Here she is giving me some serious instruction...


Wanna know something funny? That's the SAME skein of yarn...two years later!!! (snort) Anyway, I asked LeAnn to teach me (again) how to crochet correctly, and how to read a pattern. My goals are simple: to make a ripple blanket and/or a granny square blanket. I'd be really happy if they turned out anything remotely similar to the ones below.



First, more practice. I've got my single skein of yarn and a couple sizes of crochet hooks. I also need to figure out what kind of yarn I want to use for my projects and in what colors. Choices, choices...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love to crotchet! I used to do it pretty consistently and sadly, have a half finished blanket. I still remember the steps of wrapping it once, pulling it under, wrapping it twice to make a double loop and pulling it under. Fun! Wish I was closer and I'd come over and youtube with you! : )