Sunday, March 27, 2011

Big girl bed.

I suppose I've known for a while that it was time to move Sophia into a 'big girl bed'. Since she moved into her room, she's been sleeping in her crib...either as a crib, or as a daybed...


Our trip to Disney World last week (in which I slept with the wiggle worm most nights) convinced me more than ever that she is beyond ready to have a larger sleeping space. So yesterday morning, in the midst of post-vacation laundry, we moved the crib/daybed out, and moved a full size mattress and springs in. We've placed them on the floor for now so that she can get used to the different bed and not have as far to fall if she rolls off!



I decided to use an existing coverlet that I have. It's white (neutral), and very comfortable. Also, I figure Sophia will be telling me how she wants her room decorated soon enough, so why spend more money now? We got some cute sheets and some new throw pillows to add color...


Last night was Sophia's first night in her bed, and she did great! I look forward to shopping for a headboard and some more decorative touches for her 'big girl' room. I can't believe my little baby is growing so fast!

No comments: