Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seasons change. Overnight, apparently.

There's an old saying about the weather in Arkansas: If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes and it will change.

Well, that's definitely been the case the last few days. The only problem? I didn't want it to change! Saturday we had 70 degree weather and were able to enjoy some outdoor time.





But did it last? No. This morning, Snowmaggedon arrived. It started in the wee hours before dawn bringing with it about .25" to .5" of ice. Then, it proceeded to snow all day, allowing about six or seven inches of the fluffy white stuff to mask the naughty ice underneath! The street below is normally covered up with traffic midday. Today when I was driving home from work (early, thankfully), it was deserted.


When I arrived home, this is what I found:




The snow is supposed to stop tonight, but it is still below freezing and the low for tomorrow night is supposed to be -5 degrees! I see lots of layers and boot-wearing in my future...

No comments: