Monday, November 1, 2010

On being thankful.

*In 2008, I dedicated posts in the month of November to thankfulness. I plan to do that again this year.

In recognition that November is the month in which we celebrate Thanksgiving, I have decided to dedicate the entire month of November to posts about things I am thankful for. I plan {hope} to post every day. I think we need to remember all the blessings in our lives more often than just this one day a year. I invite any readers who've stopped by to join me in specifically recognizing and acknowledging all the things you're grateful for. The news these days is filled with mostly bad news. The economy. The state of our nation's health care system. Floods. Murders. It seems the list doesn't end. I want to shift my focus away from so much of the negative, and focus on the positive things in my life. To say "Thank you" for so much that I've been given.

Today begins with Family. I am thankful for my Family. Of course, my immediate family consists of Toby, Sophia and me. Toby and I have been married for over 14 years. We were married over 11 years before we had Sophia. We are so blessed to be a family together. Sophia has brought so much joy and love into our lives, we can't adequately put it into words. I am truly grateful for my little family.

Toby and I are both blessed to have our parents and siblings still with us. They are such a great support network for us. We are grateful that most of our close family members live nearby. We get to see them more often, and Sophia gets to build close knit relationships with all her grandparents. We are blessed that are families are relatively close, and that we talk on a regular basis. I am so thankful for the blessing of family.

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." ~Desmond Tutu

No comments: