Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm thankful for...

..the four seasons. As in spring, summer, autumn and winter. Not the hotel chain. Well, the Four Seasons is great, too. But so not the point of this post.


I am grateful that I live in an area where, for the most part, we experience all four seasons. Some years it seems that the seasons change quickly so that we bypass spring and head straight to summer, or bypass fall and go straight to frosty winter days. Nonetheless, we get to experience a variety of weather in this area. I try to be grateful for this as many areas don't get to experience this variety. Sure, it's tough when it's pouring down rain and I have to get Sophia out of the car. Or when it's 100+ degrees outside and yard work needs to be done. You may have heard the saying about Arkansas, "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes. It'll change." That seems to be true around here. Just when we can't stand the heat another day, it breaks and we welcome the changing season along with the changing color of the leaves. Just when the winter blahs have us down, the first new growth of spring pops up from the cold earth to let us know that warmer temperatures and more sunshine are on the way.

**This is a repost from my "Thankfulness" series in 2008. I simply changed the photo.

No comments: