Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Decor

A few weeks ago--Labor Day Weekend to be exact--I couldn't stand it any more and decided to bust out my fall decor. I know Autumn doesn't officially start until late September, but after all the sweltering temperatures we've had this summer, I was more than ready for some fall-like days. I decided to make due by surrounding myself with fall colors, pumpkins, gourds, etc. I dragged all my stuff out of the closet and went to work. I was inspired by this post which is full of good ideas, some of which I copied exactly! (Gotta love the Internets....) Anyway, I started messing with my fall goodies and even made a trip to the crafting Mecca known as Hobby Lobby to add to my stash.

Fortunately for me, when I married Toby Slinkard, I gained Susie as a sister-in-law. She was over at our house a few days later, and together, this is what we came up with....










I will be adding some real pumpkins and gourds, along with mums, outside soon. We want to take Sophia to a pumpkin patch, and I'm sure we'll come home with some nice specimens!

No comments: