Thursday, July 22, 2010

Since when did I become "Mama"?

For the last couple of days, really just since we got back from Germany, Sophia has started calling me "Mama". Out of the blue. "So what?", you ask. Well, I am not Mama. I am Mommy. I have always called myself Mommy to Sophia, and this is what she has always called me. I have no idea where this whole "Mama" business came from. I hear, "I nee help, Mama." or "I don nee go potty, Mama." Is this a sign that my little baby (yes, she is still a baby to me) is growing up? I'm not sure I'm ready for it! By the way...if you are the person who taught my daughter to say "Mama", please don't teach her any other bad words. (Just kidding. I know Mama isn't really a bad word;))

No post would be complete without a photo of the offender, uh, I mean Sophia, so here's a picture from today. I tried to capture the big shiner she has under one eye from a fall at school today. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Meme Brenda said...

you are funny and she is a doll