Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweetest hubby in the wide world.

I love going to my sister-in-law Susie's house. Not only is it welcoming and comfortable, it's inspirational. She has it beautifully decorated, and she always maintains a premium stash of interior design books and magazines.

On a recent visit to her house, she and I were sitting around looking at magazines, when I happened across the April 2010 issue of Country Living magazine...


The photo on the cover really caught my eye, so I began to flip through the pages. As I was flipping, I came across this spread...


I immediately fell in love. The colors! The wallpaper! The styling! The organization! My first thought was...'I must have this'. Now, I'm fortunate that a few months ago, Toby gave up the home office for a desk in the living room, leaving me with an entire room AND closet for all my home office and crafting endeavors. Thus, I don't need to convert a closet to an office. Actually, the part of this spread that really spoke to me is the peg board and bulletin board on the inside of the closet doors. I LOVE it!! I showed the photo to Toby and asked him if he thought we could do something like this in our home office. His response was, "Sure." Well, this is what I found when I got home today...


Squeeee!!!! I am in love! My color is a little bolder than the one in the magazine, but I don't have all the wallpaper and other color in my office closet, either. You can see from the photo that I've already started hanging tools and supplies. I've added even more since this photo was taken, and that was only a few minutes ago! There's nothing I love better than a good organization project. An organization project related to my scrapbooking/crafting/home office? Genius! I truly do have the sweetest hubby in the wide world! (And get this....he's making me another one for the other door:))

No comments: