Friday, June 11, 2010

I've been thinking.

And, of course, it's always dangerous when I start doing that. Lately I've been thinking that I need to re-do (slightly) Sophia's bathroom...


When we built the house, I had in mind a black and white bathroom, with no other colors. I chose the black/white toile wallpaper and a black and white check for the ceiling (not visible). I even chose black and white accessories like the monogrammed shower curtain. After Sophia was born, I decided to add just a splash of color...a sort of lime green. We chose hardware for the cabinet, got a couple of green towels, and added some apples for an extra punch.

Lately, though, I've been wanting to increase the splashes of color in here by adding a teal or turquoise with the green. My inspiration was this shower curtain from Anthropologie...


I would love to have that shower curtain in her bathroom, but alas, I'm not willing to pay in excess of $100 for something to shower behind! I did find a close second, though, that we did order...

I can't wait for it to arrive so I can start tweaking. I'll probably need to add some more plush and colorful towels. Perhaps something like these from PB Teen...


I may also bring in some new bath accessories. I'm loving the color and stripes on these accessories from Target...


...though a big part of me (the really girlie part) is loving this Anthropologie soap dish...


Can't forget the floor. I've thought about getting a woven cotton rug similar to this one from Dash and Albert...


Although, I suppose I could even introduce a third color (like a bit of pink) with a rug like this (also from D & A)...


Last, but not least, the walls. I'd love to get some prints in various styles. We currently have a black/white pencil sketch of the Arc d' Triomphe in Paris, which we bought in Paris. I will probably keep that. Perhaps we'd add something like this found on etsy...


A little bit predictable with the bath scene and all, but nice colors. I've also thought about something more non-traditional like this (also via etsy)...


Perhaps I'd just choose something to help really make the color choices pop! Like this (via etsy)...
I'd also love to replace the sheet glass mirror currently in the bathroom with a vintage mirror with a frame I can spray paint. Wow! That's a lot of stuff to consider for such a small space. I can't wait to see how it turns out!