Saturday, January 9, 2010

Terrific Two Year Old

Sophia successfully turned two on Sunday, December 27th. I'm so thankful we were able to have her party that afternoon, and that so many of our family were able to come. Sophia had such a great time. In fact, she was dancing, swaying, and falling down as people were arriving.


After our guests arrived, we had a little bit of food...


As with last year, I baked Sophia's cake myself. A cake decorator, I am not. I suppose that's not really the point, though. I want to make her cake (or cupcakes) every year, I think. That's something Sophia will be able to remember as she gets older.


Most of our family were able to come to the party...at least the local family.


Aunt Boop


Brianna and Lauren


Savannah and Nicolas (and Cliff)


Grandma Jean


Aunt Lanny


Aunt Susie


Granny and PaPaw


Sophia was blessed to receive many birthday gifts. She was old enough this year to recognize that there are fun things underneath the paper! She had almost as much fun opening the gifts as playing with them!




love her face here!



Her face lit up when everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to her after she opened her presents.


She needed a little bit of help blowing out the candles...


Though her birthday cake wasn't the most beautiful, I think she enjoyed eating it...



It really was a wonderful day. Sophia was so happy and truly enjoying every moment. I loved this day for her...


I'm also glad we got some 'family' shots that day...



After her birthday party, we took Sophia to Portrait Innovations for her 'official' birthday portraits. Bless her heart, she was so tired. She hadn't had a nap all day! But, as usual, she was a good sport. Here are some of my favorites from the shoot...





We now have a terrific two year old! There's nothing terrible about this kid...


*Birthday party photos by Miranda Campbell
*Birthday portraits by Portrait Innovations

To see the rest of the birthday party photos and the portrait session, go here and here.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Susan! Thank you for the comment on my blog! Holland isn't where you expect to end up, but it sure is nice once you get there ;) Your little girl is adorable!!!

Katie

Val said...

What a fun birthday party, everything looked so cute for the adorable birthday girl!