Sunday, February 8, 2009

Christmas 2008, Vol. 3

It's become a tradition with the Slinkard family to head over to Cliff and Niki's house for Christmas lunch. They fix a fabulous meal, and the family gathers to share Christmas morning stories, show off new gifts that have been gifted, and for the men of the family to assemble all those Christmas wonders that arrived packaged with the following words-"Some Assembly Required"-which usually means all the guys spend all afternoon working on them.

Niki really outdoes herself setting the table and creating a festive atmosphere...


Sophia arrived sporting a headband (note to family: you're welcome) and looking a bit pensive...


But, as usual, her cousin Savannah can always figure out a way to entertain Sophia...


Last year at the Slinkard Christmas lunch, I wasn't feeling 100%, so I mostly laid on the couch and made myself very useless. This year, Niki's mom Sylvia was kind enough to care for Sophia so that I could help Niki prep for the lunch and clean up. Sylvia is a fabulous woman who, although Sophia is not her grandchild, is allowing her to call Sylvia 'Mimi', like the rest of her grandchildren. Sophia was very content to sit on Sylvia's lap and watch all the goings-on...



As mentioned earlier, there are usually some Christmas deliveries that require assembly, set-up or the like. This year, Cliff got an Apple TV. Great device. When Toby bought ours, I mostly thought it was an unnecessary toy. However, I now find it very useful and great to have. Since Toby is the tech whiz in the family, he spent the afternoon showing Cliff how to set up the Apple TV, how to rent movies from it, and how to view family photos...

We had a very nice time with family and enjoyed a relaxing Christmas lunch.

1 comment:

The Turner Family said...

Hi Susan! I just now noticed that you had left me a comment back in December. I have not been on here as you can tell in a while! It was great to hear from you. Your little girl is precious. I can't believe how big she is. Addyson is getting big also. It is amazing how fast time goes by. She is such a Joy, and I could not be happier! I hope you and your family are doing well. I need to come up to NWA and visit all of you. It has been way too long! Talk to you soon.