Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm thankful for..

..Thanksgiving Day!

This was Sophia's first ever Thanksgiving. While she doesn't yet understand the meaning of Thanksgiving, she did enjoy family time and getting to eat 'real' turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, peas and green beans! Yum!

The day started out with a {teeny} breakfast. We have to save room for two thanksgiving meals. We went to Grandma Jean's house for lunch. Upon arrival, we were greeted with this...


a new high chair for Sophia. All the better to eat a Thanksgiving meal! On the tray was this...


a custom nameplate made by Aunt Susie. It is designed to be hung on her Christmas tree, or her door. On the back it says "Sophia's First Christmas - 2008." It is one of the most adorable and creative things I've seen in a long time.

Of course, when we arrived, Sophia had to visit her Aunt Niki...



The table is set, though there was not room to put all the food and still have room to eat!


Sophia definitely enjoyed her first Thanksgiving meal. Here she's having dressing...


The weather this Thanksgiving was truly wonderful. The temperature approached 70 degrees, and the sun was shining. After lunch, Jeff and Ava decided to go to Cliff's house to ride horses. So, they took off across the creek. The rest of us decided to join them to take a stroll and look at Niki's Christmas decorations. While we were all doing our thing, whether horseback riding, looking at decorations, or walking down to the creek, Sophia was enjoying a stroll with Grandma Jean...



I did something I haven't done in a long time. Jumped on the trampoline. Savannah wanted to jump, and so did Nicolas. So, I climbed on with them, and we had a blast. I forgot how much energy it takes to jump on one of those things. Nico and Savannah put me to shame. Oh well, we had fun...


Good thing I did all the 'exercising' on the trampoline, because we headed to my Mom and Dad's house for dinner. Again, Sophia had some dressing and mashed potatoes. We all ate until we were stuffed. Toby and I are really blessed with mothers who are the best cooks anywhere!

After dinner, Sophia hung out in the floor and played with her Aunt Lanny...


A day to truly think about all we're thankful for. (I know that's a dangling preposition. Bear with me..) I'm glad our families are close so that we can see them on holidays like this and spend lots of time with them as Sophia grows!

No comments: