Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm thankful for..

..my dishwasher.


OK. I know it's perhaps an unexpected entry into the series of things I'm thankful for. But, really - who isn't thankful for this marvelous invention? Well, perhaps a few people. My mom still doesn't have a dishwasher. When I was at home, I used to ask Mom, "Why don't you get a dishwasher?" Her answer was this: "I already have two. Their names are LeAnn and Susan!" My sister-in-law Susie enjoys doing dishes by hand so much that she uses her dishwasher as additional storage.
I, however, love mine. It's so handy to have, especially as a busy, working mother. And for some reason (?), we seem to have lots more things, like bottles, to go in said dishwasher these days;) I love the 'set it and forget it' aspect of the dishwasher. You can load it up, add some soap, press a button or two...


and presto! When you come back later, or wake up in the morning, clean dishes! Thank you, Lord, for letting someone really smart create this marvel in my kitchen.

1 comment:

Mark and Cari said...

Okay, that's pretty sad...but yes I am thankful for our dish washer. However, Mark does dishes in our house, so I rarely touch the thing.