Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm thankful for..

..vacations!


Toby and I have been blessed to be able to enjoy time away from our jobs and from home to rest and relax on vacation. OK, truth be told, we usually don't do a lot of relaxing on our 'vacations'. They're really more like trips, I suppose. The bulk of our vacations have been spent travelling to places outside Arkansas, and even outside the US. We love to travel because we get to see new, different and exciting places, experience other cultures, and see a lot of interesting people.




During our twelve years of marriage, we've travelled together to (or through) 16 states and 16 countries, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We have some really great memories from these adventures.


A good number of the photos from these trips are 'pre-digital'. One of these days, I'm going to have to scan all my photos into the computer, so I'll have them in digital format. I have some scrapbooks of some of the trips, though I'm woefully behind in my endeavors to preserve the photos and memorabilia from our journeys.


Toby and I are really looking forward to travelling with Sophia, especially as she gets older. Though, for a child of less than one year, she's already been to some neat places (museums, parks, the zoo) and has already visited three states! Surely she'll inherit the travel bug from her Mommy and Daddy!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Fun post! We travel tons too! We lived in Europe for three years, so it is our 2nd home! : )