Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm thankful for..

..my health, and the health of my family. Oh sure, I have allergies and the occassional cold or stomach bug. Who doesn't? But, more often than not, I'm fine. I'm healthy and feel good. I can get up, do the things I want to, go to work, spend time playing with Sophia, and in general lead the life I want to without concerns about my health or how I'm feeling. Toby and Sophia are healthy, also. Sophia is having physical therapy, but she's not ill. She just needs time and a little bit of help to catch up! We're making progress.

So many people out there suffer daily with chronic conditions that present challenges of all sorts. From mobility to stamina to chronic pain and discomfort. I need to remember this every day and be especially grateful for all the healthy, pain-free days and weeks I have and celebrate the health of my family.

"The greatest wealth is health." ~Virgil

No comments: