Sunday, October 19, 2008

girlfriends

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting up with a couple of girlfriends I haven't seen in some time. Raley used to work at the bank with us. For some reason, after getting her degree, she decided to take her dream job with the St. Louis Cardinals. Not sure why... I mean, bank teller in Fayetteville, Arkansas versus working on the marketing team for one of the most popular baseball franchises in the country in a large, exciting city. She obviously made the wrong choice! Just kidding, Raley. We're so proud of you and are happy that you are enjoying your job. Other than through this blog, Raley had not gotten to meet Sophia.

Shannon also used to work at the bank with us. She had her little man almost two years ago. In fact, he'll be two next month! While on maternity leave, her husband got transferred, so she left us to head south where she is currently an overachieving wife, mother and RN student. If anyone can do it, she can! I remember that after Shannon had her little boy, she used to always ask me every time we talked, "Are you pregnant yet?" I honestly don't think she ever expected the answer to that question to be yes! Surprise! Anyway, she hadn't gotten to meet Sophia yet, either.

We met at Panera in Fayetteville and it was so wonderful to have a couple of hours with the girlfriends catching up on life in general. I realized how much I miss having them a few steps away at the bank to chat with. I'm definitely blessed to have these two very lovely ladies in my life!

Raley, me, Sophia and Shannon

If I didn't know better, I'd think Shannon was trying to teach Sophia a new trick. I think we've all seen that tongue sticking out already, though!

1 comment:

Campbell Crusade said...

Thanks for the website address! I'll have to go there and check it out=)
Also, the 9 mo. picture of Sophia is precious! She is really growing and changing.. beautiful baby! She has such a sweet temperment, too.. very relaxed and easy going.
Loved all your picts scrolling thru your blog!