Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I have the best co-workers

Usually, when someone at work is having a birthday, we celebrate by signing a group card and either getting or making a cake/cupcakes/other junk food, etc. So, on my birthday, I was expecting something similar. Sure enough, when I walked in my office, there was a cute card already on my keyboard. I opened it and read all the well wishes and jokes about my age.

Then, I was asked to come to the breakroom. I knew something was up, but with this crew, you never know.

OK - pause for a backstory...

Most of you know that I like to do Sudoku puzzles. Love them. Have the Sudoku game on my iPhone. Have a book of Sudoku puzzles on my nightstand. You get the picture....

Now, on with my story.

I walked in to the breakroom, and was greeted with this...


a birthday "Sudoku" cake! How clever of them. Not only was there a cake, there were several small tubes of icing for me to use to 'solve' my cake so we could eat it! So, here I am hunched over my own birthday cake, frantically working to solve it before the icing numbers I was creating melted...

It took a few minutes, but finally....



SOLVED!!! And here I am sitting beside my completed masterpiece!


Thanks to all my lovely co-workers for a great birthday, and a truly unique and personalized birthday cake!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my word! That is the CUTEST idea ever. That cake is die for also! Who made it??

Lilliana said...

Cute blog and Sophia is beautiful. Glad I ran into you today. It was great seeing you. I'll keep checking back to see how you all are doing!

Amanda

John, Shannon, and Jackson: said...

Is this a "Megan creation?"

Slinkard Family said...

Actually, the cake is from Rick's. Though, I'm sure Megan would have created something equally fabulous!